Made with Moxie: Denyse Schmidt Charm Swap

May 3, 2012

Denyse Schmidt Charm Swap

Hi. My name is Jill and I am a fabric addict. I'm in good company, right?

Denyse Schmidt is the latest fabric designer I've been needing a fix of. She designs such lovely prints inspired by heirloom prints and gives them a modern spin. They're perfect for just about every sewing project under the sun. What a better way to feed my addiction than to host a Denyse Schmidt Charm Swap.

Here's how it works:
1. We are swapping 5" charm squares. You will purchase 1 yard of fabric and cut it into 5" charm squares. 1 yard = 56 charms. (I recommend buying 1.25 yards- never hurts to have a little extra in case you make a cutting mistake.)

2. Choose a fabric that has a small print suitable for an 5" charms. Scale of the print is very important as smaller works better in this case.

3. Fabric must be Denyse Schmidt designer label, 100% cotton, quilt shop quality fabric. Older DS patterns are acceptable too! If you aren't sure, check here.

4. Fabric must be new and unwashed and must come from a smoke free environment.

5. Before sending your fabric to me, cut your fabric into 5" x 5" charm squares.

Press your fabric before cutting. You may want to purchase a slight overage in case you make mistakes cutting your charms. 1 yard = 56 charm squares (5" x 5".) Plus, what fabric addict doesn't buy more than they need?

Here's a great tutorial on how to cut fabric into charms by Elizabeth Hartman.

6. Put your fabric in a ziplock bag and include a 3x5 index card with your name and email address.

7. In your envelope please include:
  • the charms in ziplock
  • the index card
  • a PREPAID SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE for me to mail your charms back to you! This is very important! If you do not send a SASE with your charms, I won't be able to mail them back to you. To figure the postage cost, have the postmaster weigh your SASE along with the charms and purchase enough postage to cover the cost. Then put that postage on the SASE and place it inside your package along with your charms.

8. Finally, upload a picture of your chosen fabric ASAP to the Made with Moxie: Denyse Schmidt Charm Swap Round TWO Flickr group. This is really important so we don't have any duplicates! Also, include all pertinent info about your fabric (designer, name, color, shop) so everyone can have access to order more if they want.
If you want to you may sign up for two spots in the swap, but remember you must sent two different yards of DS fabric.

Within the Flickr group, feel free to share ideas on projects, quilt layouts, and plans for your Denyse Schmidt charms.

This swap will be open to 55 others (56 including me) and will also have some alternates just in case. International swappers allowed! Please make sure your fabric is to me by the deadline. I realize you can't send a pre-paid envelope. I will email you what the shipping will be to return your charms to you when it is time.

Deadlines:
Your charms need to be in my hands by June 15! I will email everyone my mailing address once the spots are all filled.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at thatmoxiegirl@gmail.com.

Are you psyched? I am! Just fill out the form below to register. I will email all the participants once the slots are filled.

After you sign up, grab a button for your blog, pop on over to the Made with Moxie: Denyse Schmidt Charm Swap Round TWO group and join us!


Round One & Two sign ups now full. Great places to find Denyse Schmidt fabrics:
Etsy shops
Joann's
The Intrepid Thread
Fat Quarter Shop

Thank you to Jennifer from Ellison Lane Quilts for her tutorial on how to set up a fabric swap!

18 comments:

  1. I submitted the form twice because I would like to be entered in the swap twice - I will contribute two yards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about this; thanks for organizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I submitted the form yesterday...am I in? I posted my fabric choice on the flickr site just in case, but I can take it down if it filled before my form went in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish I would have known you were doing a second round. I would have only signed up once in the first round and then once in this round... to get a greater selection of fabrics. :) Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to fill your second round one place as I missed round one but have signed up for round 2

      Delete
  5. I submitted my form too...will have to go through my stash and pick out my choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I submitted twice. I would also like to participate twice if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just submitted my form and am sending you an email

    ReplyDelete
  8. I submitted and sent an email - so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have also submitted a form and expect that having looked at the DS website that the ones that we are getting here in Australia as DS Quilts are ok

    ReplyDelete
  11. Filled out round two form. So excited for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missed out. Thinking about Round 3?
    Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please say there will be a round 3. I've got some great yardage of Katie Jump Rope (hint, hint) : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me too on Round 3--puhleeeese...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Jill,

    Please confirm that I have signed up! jltilton@aol.com

    Thanks,

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. "We're just trying to move in the right path and trying to get as unique as we can for summer time season frame and the Community Cup identifying games because the purpose is to be qualified for a the Community Cup. Don't use soap to wash your Real Feel Superskin sleeve. First and foremost, mens polo shirt are only in regards to the most comfortable type of apparel in order to become effective * and that was their original function.
    my webpage :: fake vagina

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Extreme Q unlike the volcano comes with a glass oil diffuser than can be used for aromatherapy and also pot pouri heating and releasing steam.
    Since the herb is used in inducing abortions, it should
    not be used in pregnancy. Stay Trendy at the Same Time Simple with Iolite Vaporizer.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love happy mail. Seriously. You make my day.