Made with Moxie: My new favorite handmade baby gift

April 9, 2013

My new favorite handmade baby gift

Is there anything greater than a new baby? You tell me you're pregnant and my mind starts spinning ideas of adorable things to sew. Blankies, burp cloths, diaper bags, wipe cases, receiving blankets, sock monkeys; I've made them all. But as of right now, I think I have a new favorite New Baby Gift to make:

The Divided Basket Pattern by Anna of Noodlehead.

 Made with Moxie: Divided Baby Basket| Purple and green funky elephant print fabric.


Seriously, how great is this basket? It is fairly easy to stitch up, you can use a handful of coordinating fat quarters and it is so super useful to new parents. I wish I had one when my kids were infants. (Heck, I need one for them still now!)

As far as pattern makers go, I have had very little issue with patterns written by Anna of Noodlehead. Her instructions are clear. She has loads of photos for each step of the pattern. Not only do most of her patterns include a few variations, but they are reasonably priced and available as an instant pdf.

 Made with Moxie: Divided Baby Basket| Aqua blue and orange houndstooth fabric with zoo animal print fabric.


I also highly recommend her Envelope Clutch Pattern. I have made quite a few (Here, and here.)

These two baskets are for a sweet baby girl and baby boy. I've filled them with my favorite new baby must haves: Target diapers, butt paste, A&D ointment, non-scented allergen free wipes and Burt's Bees baby wash.

 Made with Moxie: Divided Baby Basket: Easy, adorable and super useful handmade baby shower gift.


What is your go-to new baby handmade gift?