Made with Moxie: Quilting Isn't Funny by The Bitchy Stitcher

December 6, 2013

Quilting Isn't Funny by The Bitchy Stitcher

Here's something you may not know about me: I love to read. Books, magazines, blogs, you name it. Other than the board book I just fished out of my washing machine, I love books. (Thank you, children. It was really no longer a book but millions of effing pieces of wet cardboard all over flannel, fuzzy knits and tulle. Yeah, tulle.)

What you do already know is that I have a love of the bitchy. The boat shakers. The people who don't really care what "people" think. You should know that I love Megan Dougherty, aka The Bitchy Stitcher. Megan writes a funny ass blog about quilting. Because quilting is funny. And frustrating. And Megan writes some funny stories. So many so, that she wrote a book.

The funniest quilting book I've ever read. Thank God someone has a sense of humor around here. Enter to win a free copy of Quilting Isn't Funny by Megan Dougherty The Bitchy Stitcher.

Quilting Isn't Funny is a self-published book of awesomeness. If you quilt or someone you know does, you need to get a copy of this book. Once I started reading it, I couldn't stop. I was laying in bed reading it on my Nexus, snorting and giggling. Sadly, my husband doesn't get quilting humor so I was left to keep it all to myself. I wish I could have read it with like minded quilty folk, like yourselves. (Megan, I'm thinking you need to do a book reading tour. All beatniky with a black turtle neck and a beret though please.)

Consider getting yourself this book as a stocking stuffer. They even come autographed! Buy one for your mom and mother in law. (That is, if your mother in law didn't already buy herself a copy, like mine did!) You can grab your own right here. If you are a husband or boyfriend looking for another great gift idea, I highly recommend the Quilter's Shirtless Man and A Spicy Burrito Calendar, or QSMASMC 2014. Yes, I'm not joking, it is a real thing. I have my own copy, thank you very much. It is a beautiful calendar chock full of lovely, mostly naked men with gorgeous quilts and scrumptious burritos. What more could you want?

I can't wait to get my own signed copy. It's going right in my bathroom. Hey, it's where all my favorite books go.

Be sure to check out the rest of the reivew on Megan's Quilting Isn't Funny tour:


Dec. 2 - Maddie Kertay  - Bad Ass Quilter’s Society

Dec. 3 - Sam Hunter – Hunter’s Design Studio

Dec. 4 - Carla Crim – Scientific Seamstress

Dec. 5 - Scarlett Burroughs – Craft Gossip

Dec. 6 – Jill Dorsey – Made with Moxie
           

Dec. 9 - Victoria Findlay Wolfe – Bumble Beans Inc
           
Dec. 10 - Lynn Harris - Little Red Hen

Dec. 11 – Teresa Coates – Crinkle Dreams

Dec. 12 - Joshua Helms - Molli Sparkles

Dec 13 - Liz Kettle – Stitch Journeys

Dec. 14 - Leah Day – The Free Motion Quilting Project


Dec 16 - Lisa Sipes – That Crazy Quilty Girl
           
Dec. 17 - Charlotte Newland – Displacement Activity

Dec. 18 - Teri Lucas - TerifiCreations

Dec. 19 – Cheryl Sleboda – Muppin.com

Dec. 20 – Kelly Biscopink – Stitchy Quilt Stuff


Jan. 6 – Generation Q

Jan. 8 – Rose Hughes – Rose Hughes – Quilt Artist

Jan. 9 – Janice Ryan – Better Off Thread

Jan. 10 - Flaun Cline – I Plead Quilty



Jan. 13 – Heather Jones – Olive and Ollie

Jan. 14 – Meg  – Without A Stitch On

Jan. 15 – Laura Lochore – Quokka Quilts

Jan. 16 – Elaine Wong Haselhuhn – Dashasel Sews

Made it down this far, eh? Want to win your own free, digital copy of Megan's book, Quilting Isn't Funny ? Leave me a comment here and tell me what you want most for Christmas. Contest ends Friday, December 13, 2013 at 12 pm EST and will be drawn at random. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment, too. Not sure if you are a no-reply blogger or not? Do you never get replies from bloggers or never win contests? Go read this post about how to fix your No-Reply Status.

I was given a digital copy of this book for free so that I might review it. All opinions expressed here are my own. I have also ordered my own physical copies before Megan asked me to be on the tour. She's that funny and you know I love to support small, local and handmade.