Made with Moxie: Day Six: My Selfish Sewing and Yours

September 28, 2013

Day Six: My Selfish Sewing and Yours

If I'm being realistic, I won't get around to sewing today at all. Friends of our swap baby sitting once a month on a Saturday so we can each have an entire Date Day with our husbands. Today it's our day to be the babysitters, and with four kids under four in the house and and under the weather husband, sneaking away to my studio seems unlikely.

Selfish Sewing Day Six: Made with Moxie

What I am working on is drafting myself a pattern for leggings. I am popping back and fourth between this Etsy tutorial and this one at One Little Minute. Don't worry, it isn't rocket science at all. I was on a roll last night, too. I took my measurements quickly and had the pattern piece a third of the way done. Then Jimmy saw me at the kitchen table and wanted to "help." Drawing on his own paper soon became blasé and he began to scribble directly on my drafting lines making the points I was marking imperceptible. So we went out for ice cream. For dinner.

So today I'll be working on finishing drafting my leggings and hopefully at least getting them cut out as well during naptime. I want to make them to wear as a fashion leggings, but I also want to be able to make them into performance running tights too with elastic stays at the ankles and a draw string waist. I'll let you know how that goes.

My Favorites: From the Selfish Sewing FlickR pool.

”Day
1. Esme Top by Melissa Quaal of A Happy Stitch  2. Noodlehead Super Tote by ttlinscott  3. Maritime Shorts by Brooke Crook of Oliver's Fancy 

This Esme top by Melissa is so damn cute. In her blog post, she says how she made it in voile and then this one with a knit, but wasn't super happy with them. I think it looks adorable on her! I do not own this pattern, but would consider it because of Melissa's top. I love the look of the quilter cotton with a knit. It looks great, Melissa.

Ttlinscott's Super Tote is just gorgeous. I love the bold pink and gray ikat print. I wish there were more bags uploaded for Selfish Sewing Week. Who doesn't love a new hand bag? Plus you get to sew your own stash. A hand bag always fits and rarely makes you look fat!

Brooke's Meritime Shorts are not only super adorable. (I love her tank too!) But what I also really love about this is that in her blog post about these shorts she tells you how she graded the pattern in between sizes at the waist, hips and legs. I think I need to try that since I can't seem to find a shorts pattern, or store bought shorts that I love.

Make sure you pop over to imagine gnats and see the new Deer & Doe dress that Stephanie of Stitch Organics and The Crafty Kitty has sewn up. I think I need to have this dress pattern!

”The

What are you working on today? Don't forget to upload your Selfish Sewing pics to the FlickR pool.